I've made it through the first month of my 30s. So far, so good. I meant to post before we left on our vacation, but time just slipped away from me. Vacation is always wonderful, but at this point in my life I truly believe that the prep work to go and the catching up when coming back cancels out all the rest and relaxation. We are travelers, though. We love to go places, try new things, eat new foods, etc. This was a trip to Cabo San Lucas for just Ben and me. Ben turned 30 on June 12, and this was our big celebration for both our birthdays. This was our second trip to Cabo, and we love it there. The beach is beautiful, the weather is perfect, and the restaurants are great. When we went a few years ago, we said we would definitely go back. This is one of the million reasons I love Ben so much- a lot of people would say they're going back someday to a place that they love, but he makes sure that it really happens. I love you, Ben, and happy birthday!
I will post vacation pictures on Facebook soon. I haven't gotten them uploaded yet. I did make some progress on my book list on the trip, though. I finished three books, and I'll write reviews for them soon. 3 down, 117 to go.
I will also reveal one more thing on my 30 in my 30s list since it is somewhat related to the subject of travel and has become a joke amongst our family and friends. We have never gotten bedroom furniture since we've been married. That's right, for the past 6.5 years, our bedroom has consisted of a mattress/box spring on the floor and a few college odds and ends to put a lamp or an alarm clock on. No bed frame, no dressers, no nightstands, nothing. My closet is a constant mess because I have no drawers. Every time we have the extra money to buy furniture, we take a trip instead. So when I look at our empty room, I think of Cabo, or New York City, or Croatia, or Spain. We've both been fine with this for a long time, but I suppose now that I am 30, it's time to grow up and stop living in a dorm room. Therefore, Buy bedroom furniture is officially added to the list. Who knows when this will happen...probably not this year...maybe not next...but definitely before we're 40. Unless we take that trip to Amsterdam...
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sarah, you're not alone. We didn't get bedroom furniture until 2 years ago. We had a few hand-me-down pieces that we used that were completely inadequate for the storage we needed. We periodically looked but had a hard time finding something we really liked. It was kind of a joke in the family. I'm glad we held out for something we really liked. I figure we will have it for a very long time! It is a good goal, though -- now that you have Bennett, it's nice to have an area that's a retreat just for you and Ben.
ReplyDeleteI think that's a good thing to add to the list! Our furniture is all handmedowns, and we swore we would use our wedding cash to at least buy a bed. but ended up spending it on other things. though, its probably good b/c i'm not sure i have the same taste now!
ReplyDeletevery cute pic, by the way. :)