Happy Valentine's Day! This is not a holiday I care that much about, but every random holiday is made more fun with kids around, it seems. This was Bennett's first year giving/receiving preschool Valentines, which was fun once I convinced her that it was OK to distribute the ones she had chosen and she didn't need to keep them all for herself. She also had a lot of fun making Valentine cookies with our next-door neighbor Ella yesterday. The two of them broke open a bag of powdered sugar and had a "snow fight." She came home covered from head to toe in powdered sugar, and I think she must have inhaled some too, because she ran around in circles for several minutes, on a massive sugar high. Good times. Those two are definitely a recipe for trouble.
Earlier today I was remembering what I was doing a year ago today- I had one of my first ultrasounds to see Blake and I remember just praying that I could make it to the doctor's office and not have to pull over on the highway to throw up. I think I threw up six times during my ultrasound. And I doubt I will ever eat cinnamon toast again. Today I cleaned up possibly the biggest blow-out I have ever encountered as parent- at a restaurant- on a gross changing table- with very poor lighting- and I still think I had a much better Valentine's Day than I did last year! Thanks, Blake!
I had some fun decorating this year, too. My good friend Beca and I are currently obsessed with going to antique stores, and I found these vintage Valentines that I couldn't pass up. They're all signed on the back- some in pencil- and it just makes me wonder how old they actually are and whatever happened to the little kids who signed them all those years ago. I honestly think I could sit in an antique shop for hours and comb through old cards, postcards, and pictures. I'm trying not to be a hoarder and bring them all home, but some I just can't resist! Happy Valentine's Day!
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment