Monday, May 27, 2013

Nothing like a good book

It's been a while since I updated my reading lists. My goal for 30 in my 30s was to read 120 books, or an average of one book per month. When I added it up today, it looks like I've read 21 books in the past 3 years, or an average of 7 books per year. So, I'm a little off my pace but I know I'll catch up. 120 books sure doesn't seem like a lot for an entire decade of my life, but as busy as I am with work and kids right now, a book a month is all that's reasonable for me.

I've moved my reading lists over to goodreads.com (connect with me there!), and I have links to them here on the right side of my blog if anyone wants to keep up with me. I love getting good book recommendations from friends and will still try to review any especially good books here if I can, but this just seemed more efficient. I really like the goodreads site and the corresponding app I have for my phone. I've even started a reading list with Bennett to see how many books we read together before she starts kindergarten. I let her rate every book, and she gives 5 stars every single time.

The last really good book I read was The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. If you like historical fiction or anything set in England, you'll love it. The majority of the action takes place in London during the Blitz of WWII. This book has such a great plot. I can usually figure out what's going to happen, but I didn't see what was coming in this story, and I loved that. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment