I recently went to visit my cousin (who is like my sister) in Atlanta for a week. She is an expert seamstress so I always want her to help me with something or teach me something when we're together (which is not often enough). This time she helped me make some comfy pants for Bennett. It was my first time using a pattern and I was very intimidated. The left-brained side of sewing is very frustrating for me- using a pattern, measuring, pressing the hem just right, etc. I really have to push myself to get through that part and not give up. It's a challenge for me but it makes me feel so good when I can conquer it. After her tutorial, I was off and running and I've made Bennett four or five pairs of pants. Here are a few of them:
I also made a couple pairs for Bennett's little cousin, Gretta, including a matching pair for both girls for Christmas. Look how cute these two are:
So I've had a lot of fun and I'm much more confident now in my ability to use a pattern and make (simple) clothing items. I already have my next project lined up, so I'll be anxious to share it when I'm finished!

Good job, Sarah! I am so proud of you. Wait till the sewing bug really bites you. Next step: sewing room!!!
ReplyDelete